Thursday 26 December 2013

Winter camping at Marjal..divorce is imminent!

Paul O Grady eat your heart out! Yesterday was the fancy dress petanque competition. I'm not into petanque but I am into fancy dress or rather making costumes. Imagination can go wild. The sun was shining but the wind was horrendous. Their e was a bit of disappointment to start off with as nine people didn't turn up. I don't understand these tournament things but I did feel sorry for the organisers,Alex and Roger but that's people for you. Only two or three made any effort with fancy dress humbug humbug. Some just managed to put a Christmas Santa hat on big deal! Anyhow the competition seemed to be OK though I would have no idea!
We went to the evening do for the presentations. Roger insisted that I telephoned my mother and got us to join us. I did as I was told ( for a change-its Christmas!) and none of us could believe it. Not only was she the oldest player there but she had won the best female player there! Yes my mother! There were quite a few serious players there and as far as I'm aware she just chucks the odd ball now and again-shes even got dodgy eyesight! How the hell did she do that?! Well done mother!
Dave didn't let me down as usual. I have another wooden spoon for the collection as a booby prize but at least that came with a bottle of wine so all was not lost!
I really wasn't overkean on the entertainment last night and wed partied too much so we had an earliesh night. Open all Hours. Great excitement but what a disappointment! Arkwright is dead and it just didn't seem to cut it with Glenville running the shop. Let's hope the next one is better.I guess Ronnie Barker is a hard act for anyone to follow. 
Anyhow some photos of yesterdays crazy day




Is this really my mother?!
Think he could use this costume for Halloween!




I really do wonder if I'm related or even know some of these people. When Dave dressed as a Christmas fairy bent down he had a false bottom on ( or at least I hope it was false!) Wearing a black g string! Great fun though. Today MUST be quieter! Happy Christmas everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment