Sunday 15 December 2013

Winter Camping at Marjal Costa Blanca A near miss¡


Whilst I love seeing these things that reguraly fly over the campsite it didn't half worry me yesterday. All I could think of was the insurance claim! 'Yeah right. Hit by a tornado and now a hot air balloon-pull the other one!" Fortunately they did manage to gain height again and away they went. Phew! We could see the people in the basket. I waved and then spoke to them!
Yesterday we got new neighbours behind and they re blooming english. Plumb in gob type so we will soon bring them down to earth too! Dave went out to say hello and I heard Mrplumbingob say 'it seems propostrous to have to use nails instead of pegs' Propostrous? What does that word mean?! It was written all over Dave's face! To give the full story they arrived in a brand new German motorhome and parked directly facing the side of our caravan. Normally motor homers put those screen things across the windscreen-not these. I can tell you that they have the same cupboards as our caravan and if I hadn't closed my blinds I could probably have told you what they ate for tea!
They then decided to put one of those little and extremely Kampa lightweight awnings up. I got bored when they took over an hour! They laid all the poles out ( probably about 3 of them) with military precision and then held a meeting to discuss who pushed and who shoved the awning through the rail....oh for gods sake just get on with it!
Well that was their arrival. Dave is going to be non too impressed at at 8 o clock this morning they were bounding around outside and mrplumbingob giving orders. I couldn't quite catch what for but probably something equally important as how to wash up! I wonder if he was formally a sergeant major at Sandhurst? Come to think about it..he does have one of those silly moustaches! They are here until March-Oh I've had an awful thought...I hope there's not too much bedroom activity! I can here the orders already! No No....its not a good picture...think of something else!
Now talking of bargains and I haven't commented on the unfriendly club for a while. One of the things that I missed terribly from my tornado incident was my little twin tub washing machine. I was going to pay £100 plus for a new one and get it shipped out here ready for my Tours with the Club again. Honestly they are invaluable.One of them had broken ranks and spoken to an ordinary camper! ( well not quite the ordinary camper does have a fifth wheel!) Anyhow they had a brand new machine and used it twice and didn't have enough room for it. I went across and it was still in its box! 45 euros! I couldn't even see a water mark on it! There were only two of them in a van and car about the same size as ours. Why?! We like to put our bikes inside the car! This doesn't make sense. Bike rack?! Hire a bike?! Well thank you very much clean washing takes priority with me!
The sun is out and its Sunday San Isidro market for all the things that I didn't know I needed but there's bargains to be had..off to market I must go!

No comments:

Post a Comment