Wednesday 25 December 2013

Winter Camping at Marjal Costa Blanca--Happy Christmas! Rain?!

Look big fellow up there you ve got the weather all wrong. Its snow for the UK and sun for us not blooming rain! I know I  know its warm rain but surely..?! I feel sorry for all those people who had relied on a barbecued christmas dinner- someones going to get wet! At least we are in a nice warm restaurant hopefully=thats hoping that the bus arrives and we get everyone on it! lol
Yesterday was another busy day. I put the finishing touched to Daves fancy dress costume for tomorrow and the Roger asked me if I still had my Dalmation outfit from the other year. I did. Could he use it? No problems there. I had forgotten that Roger is slightly broader than David so yesterday afternoon was spent sewing black spots on a top and trousers. Black spots- I think I was seeing the damned things in my sleep! I have since learnt that it is a competition so that will not be fun if that outfit wins again! Lol  I really enjoy making fancy dress costumes. Its such good fun and my imagination goes wild! Ahh haa Rger you thought that this was a cycle lock- wrong its your tail and on it went! I  just hope hat whoever is judging has a good sense of humour- they wll need it thats all Im saying!
I was led atray again by David and Anne Marie. I was going to have a quiet night and was looking forward to my favourite programme "Last tango in Halifax" but I was dragged to the bar. Feeling a little tired and hungary I went for "one of two" well that turned out to be 3 or 4 and oh no....crashed into bed at around 7.30! Needless to say I was wide awake at 0430! Eventaully I must have nodde back off again though and so I feel refreshed if not a little nervous about today. Everything is going through my head "I hope the bus arrives and is on time!" I hope and on it goes. We have never had a christmas dinner out before and Roberto has never done one in his own restaurant. You an imagine if anything goes wrong I have 70 unhappy campers! Please keep your fingers and everything else crossed for me! Bus leaves at the carpark at 12.30.
Well although visiting the pub last night was not one of my best ideas Marjal never ceases to amaze me at their lack of business sense. The bar had no entertainment or anything on and was half full  with more people coming in so what  did they do? Close it at 7pm! I know Christmas eve is important to them and their families but hello you are in the tourism trade! Theres 800 plus caravans on here! Most when back to their caravans and sat drinking their cheap plonk obviously all except me! bah humbug
Well I ought to start panicking some more all thats left to say is I wish you all a very very happy christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment