Wednesday 19 March 2014

Winter Camping at Marjal. another day in the sun!

The weather has been amazing here for march. 25/26 degrees each day and its a a lot warmer through the night as well ( no don't be silly I've been married too long for that nonsense!) but its great and you can tell that its almost time to put the clocks forward-roll on the end of the month!The only thing is that its nearly time for me to pack up and start the Tour. Hard work but great fun. The Highlights of Spain Tour. Yippee!
I have started to be organised which is really worrying. Yesterday I gate crashed Rogers meeting with Enrique the site Director. Apart from the dog issue I know lots of people were pretty upset about not being able to have Christmas Dinner here like we have had every year because of the Unfriendly Club. I told him so ( with my normal tact and diplomacy?!) Result! I do like Enrique. He does listen! In fairness he wasn't sure what would be happening at Christmas but assured us one way or another we could have our Christmas dinner here next year. If the restaurant is full-how about getting the New Years eve marquee early ensuring that there are plenty of heaters?! Now that sounds like fun!  He is definitely talking of another New Years eve bash so its all good news even if it does involve a little work for me!
I also decided that I needed a new lightweight awning for touring. Have you seen the prices even for second hand ones out here?! 300 euros and it WS cream crackered-I don't think so. I remembered Andy saying ages ago that he had a trade account somewhere..to cut a long story short a brand new one is on its way for 250 delivered! Ooh yes and I will be Mrs pretentious its black and grey and matches the caravan! I will put pics up when it comes but for awnings Andy is your man!
So today.. I have to repair a trailer tent for a friend. Don't ask me how a Conway has ripped. It can only be thge sun. That canvas is amazing stuff.
The Caravan Clubs Coastal Spain Tour arrives here today for 6 days. I think other campers will notice the difference between the two clubs-you won't even know that they are here! No dogs,no kids trains and hopefully just nice ordinary people! I must remember to go and invite them to Happy Hour tonight though! ( well assuming that they are the normal friendly lot!)
So the sun is up and I had better crack on. With what?! Oh yes I must go to the market at LA Marina for some fabric and somehow I have broken another pair of glasses! Specsavers Guardamar here I come-if I can see to get myself there! Have a good day folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment