Saturday 29 March 2014

Camping at Marjal Costa Blanca-some people?!

Some people make me so cross they are so irresponsible! We have been awake most of the night with the gusty very strong winds. Our caravan has been rocking and its firmly anchored down with every conceivable invention going. Fences have come down a.and no doubt there will be structural damage around. There is no way under heaven or earth would I consider towing in this ( even before my accident!);so why oh why have I just witnessed three caravans that have been here all winter start to tow?! Do they have a death wish?! Worse still one had bikes strapped to the back of the caravan to make it even more unstable! All 3 were on Dutch plates. Fortunately it will not affect my insurance when the thing blows over! It really gives all caravanners a bad name. Only last week did someone leave here and lost their caravan at Barcelona due to the high winds. If they have been here all winter why do they have to go today? What difference would another day or a few more hours make not only for their own safety but for other road users?! Grrrr Stupid people! Do the Dutch study science and common sense at school?!
I am really ready to leave here now but I will wait until later in the week when hopefully the weather has improved, and yes I'm allowing plenty of time to get to my given destination in case of bad weather or better still I find somewhere that I really like and can spend longer there.
The campsite is really deserted now. There are tons of spaces. Many people say that they are not coming back next year but we will see. I have heard people say that before but come October they are back. It certainly is one of the better campsites until the summer! I was trying not to be biased and paranoid about the thought of loads of Spanish kids coming but last night we couldn't hear the telly as one bloke thought it was a good idea to give the kids a ride on his motorbike round and round the campsite! Revving and revving it up. There are only a handful of Spanish kids here at the moment ..what will summer be like?! We are voting with our feet and are definitely not coming here! We will be back in winter only as they have altered the rules as of September with regards to dogs. It still won't stop me looking at other campsites though as there are so many good ones around. This winter it has been the social scene and friends that have kept me here. The prices have gone up and they are now on a par with many others. I can't say that I'm surprised. They couldn't keep those ridiculously cheap prices forever but they have to compete when there is such a big market. I hope and think that Marjal will rise to the challenge.
Once again there is no sun...what to do? I even tidied out the caravan cupboards yesterday ....I am so ready to move. The gypsy blood is kicking in.....next week a wandering here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment