Wednesday 12 February 2014

Winter Camping in Spain-Where am I now?!

OK so my wanderings were somewhat cut short due to the fact that many campsites were full but then my wanderings were lengthened due to the gales! To be on the safe side we took a slow wander back down the Coast and ended up at Florentilles! I know its only about ten miles from Marjal but I'm in a different world! No it wasn't the sound of the sea that woke me today but lovely hearing the birds in the trees and the sun shining.
We eventually managed to meet up with our friends Alistair and Sheila and of course it was compulsory to drink some red wine! On site there is a lovely little cafe run by a lovely Spanish lady. She obviously knows who her market is. Beef stew and chips -5 euros! OK not quite on the same level as the Italian the other night but a great quick meal. The little bar/cafe was full and there was a great atmosphere.There are lots of little toilet blocks scattered everywhere but hot water for showers is at the end of each row. They are all spotlessly clean. The pitches are of a very generous size with water and drainage. Nearly all have a view of the Salinas ( salt lakes) The only criticism is that I think the pitches have just had more gravel placed on then and our jockey wheel sank straight in! It could be fun getting the caravan out! You cannot disagree that this is a very pretty site...but where to next?! A second form of transport is definitely needed here but Los Montesinos and Los Balconies are literally about two miles away.

Yes fellow Brits do you remember that big yellow thing in the sky?! What a lovely start to the day! 
There are lots of very tasteful static caravans on here and if you stay 29 days or more the price comes down to 9 euros plus electric and water..not a bad deal and caravans and motorhomes pay the same price! Dogs are allowed but only in certain areas and are 2.50 a night-maybe that's why I have yet to see or hear one! Bliss! I love listening to the birds. It is really "a great to be alive day!" Well most days are but you know what I mean. A spring in my step etc! I might have to sit in the sunshine and have my coffee whilst I contemplate the meaning of life! Lol
Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment