Friday 14 February 2014

Winter Camping in Spain-Is this the best campsite?

I really don't know the answer to that question but this definitely has to be in my top few. I visited this campsite Los Madriles four years ago and loved it. I haven't been back since as you can't book a pitch unless you are staying a minimum of two months.
Yesterday we arrived at 12 prompt and there were just two spaces,which was good as we had friends travelling with us. Well I couldn't believe our luck-we must have the best pitch on the site! Yes it was a bugger to get the caravan on because the road is so steep but wow talk about worth the effort!

I couldn't help but spend all afternoon watching the sea dance in the sunlight and not being able to believe our luck. Not even any neighbours! Were they trying to tell us something or was there only us that would even try to pitch a caravan half way up a mountain side?! My pic doesn't show it but that road really is quite steep!
Well this sites location is Serb and its certainly spotless. I remember from last time a lot of people complained that there are too many rules that they enforce rigorously-but hey it works! Some I agree maybe a bit OTT. Here are some, no dogs, no units over 8 metres in length, not allowed to take water from the toilet blocks, do not feed the camp cats but....not allowed to do washing on a Sunday! Actually although its a bit old fashioned its quite quaint! I am typing this listening to the birds in the trees again..heaven! Oh did I say it was about 26 degrees here yesterday 14 the Feb! Happy Valentines Day!
Now one really fantastic thing about this site is its swimming pools. There is an indoor one and an outdoor one. Both are emptied daily and reheated with sea water! I didn't go in yesterday but I put my hand in and believe me it was warm! Plenty of people were in swimming but it was not packed by any stretch of the imagination.
As you can guess there are some things that I really like here but some..?! All payments for anything is strictly cash only and then you can only pay on certain days between certain hours! Loos are great but no loo roll or soap! I didn't laugh much yesterday when Dave went down the hill to return two minutes later as he'd forgotten the toilet roll!
So today I have to have the caravan to pieces to find my swimming suit. Is it kayaking or swimming? If I can't find the thing its a quick trip to the Chinese that's for sure! What would we do without them?! No not Chinese food-the Chinese shops that sell absolutely everything you will never need..but there again today they may have something I do need! 
Anyhow to friends and family in the UK stay warm and dry and for the rest of us....enjoy the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment