Monday 10 February 2014

Winter Camping at Marjal, err not Javea!


  • Well some things are just not meant to be! We packed up from Marjal' to go on a 'little holiday'. I have been to Camping Javea a million times ( give or take one or two!). I have never booked and always managed to get on. The site is 'OK' but it has a lovely little bar and restaurant and a huge " Iceland' at the end of the street. Its only about an hour and twenty minutes away. I was looking forw are to seeing the sea but.....campsite full! Even the other terrible site in the area was full! What's going on?!
We phoned several campsites to get the same story. Eventually we found Cap Blanche at Altea who 'think we have two vacant pitches'. They would not save me a pitch so it was foot down until we got here. I have to say that the location of this place is superb

Directly outside the campsite is lovely promenade that has lots of bars and restaurants. As its Dave's birthday today I treated him to a meal in an Italian. It was superb. The bill came and it was 23 euros-that included a bottle of wine. I got 50 euros out but it was 23 euros for both of us! 
The campsite though is sadly lacking. The one toilet block is dated but clean. Its so far away that we paced it-its almost 300 paces-I hope we don't need to go in a hurry! I guess because we are 'overnight ERS we have been given one of the worst pitches ( next to a tower block of flats) but it was lovely waking up this morning to the sound of the sea.
W

I was really pleased when our French neighbours pulled on as we are the only foreigners here-every other unit is Dutch. I thought I was in Holland! 
As I type this some really strong winds have got up and the caravan is rocking for all the wrong reasons-will we move on today? Bad towing conditions....Who knows? The joy and the fun of touring...I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment