Sunday 23 February 2014

Winter Camping in Spain Camping Javea

We arrived safely at Camping Javea yesterday and managed to get a pitch. I have always liked this campsite. It has two toilet blocks one older than the other but both incredibly clean and yes with loo paper and hot hot water and soap but I fully understand why there are no places free.. theyve all been refurbished and are absolutely lovely! The pitches are of varying sizes and of course we have the smallest for quite a big caravan and we are straight opposite the toilet block! Now that is a double edhged sword...you would be suprised how many nutters wash pots at 11 o clock at night and how much noise they can make but then again I have the best wifi signal on the site all for 1 euro a day! I was able to watch British TV as though it really was TV. It was a good job really as after going out Dave had decided to try and drink some Lancastrains under the table and there was no chance of having any sort of coherent conversation with him.They were a great gang. We had been to Scallops. If you say Javea to anyone the next word that they will say is " Scallops!" Its really superb and no one knows how they do it. Last night we went up market and had the 4 course meal for 11 euros and that inculdes a whole bottle of wine each but then they give you a voucher to come back and have a free english breakfast! The food is amazing too not just cheap! Even on a sunday night at a new location the place was full. It used to have a prime location at the edge of a cove over looking the sea but the rent went up so they moved inland apparantly but their customer base seems to have stayed loyal and followed them. That says a lot about the place. The weather continues to be beautiful even if the weather forecasters say theres a 20 percent chance of rain...again its one of those places that yet again claim to have its own micro climate....I havent been to a place in Spain that doesnt claim to have their own micro climate! Any how here are some pics of Camping Javea -I think I should be on comission!

The site is situated in the middle of orange groves with the little town dotted on the hillside. Yes the campsite has its won lovely little restaurant and bar but its closed one night a week...sunday! How typical! I can vouch that the pool is to die for. I have been here in high season and virtually had it all to myself. I swam over a mile. The thing with it is that it is an extremely deep pool and therefore doesnt really warm up! At the shallow end its about 5 foot deep! Who really cares though when there is a beautiful beach about 1.5 miles away as well. Its great to get out and about though istead of being static for too long. Its too easy to settle into a routine. Oh talking of that I just love this pic that Roger sent me but I cannot uplaod it to my laptop for love nor money so I will jsut have to revert to my tablet later after I have had my breakfast that includes my favourite word...FREE! I will be rolling back down to Marjal at this rate! Its a great little place and again just over an hour oh maybe an hour and a half from Marjal but I can certainly understand why this place is full. Yes it allows dogs but under control! HEAVEN!! How difficult is it?!!! Off tp get dressed and breakfast calling adios amigos! 



No comments:

Post a Comment