Wednesday 9 April 2014

Camping at Marjal Costa Blanca. A husband barely alive!

How I haven't killed him I don't know! He WILL look after his teeth and go to the bloody dentist as soon as he has a bit of toothache. Sod this macho stuff! Grr!
Yesterday we visited a Spanish dentist in Catral that had been recommended to us. He was lovely. Both him and the nurse spoke fluent english. The offending tooth was removed-hey presto! An x ray and then he said the terrible words " I've had to put a couple of stitches in when I drained the infection. Can you come back on Monday or Wednesday?! Ahhhh we have to stay even longer! No! We agreed to go back on Monday. The escape plan is just not going very well at all! The other amazing thing was the bill. We had been quoted 70 euros at Medicare just to remove the tooth. We paid 45 euros and that included the x ray, stitches and removing them! Dave has learnt his lesson and has promised to go back to get everything sorted in October if I don't kill him first!
I spent most of the day yesterday sewing an awning zip in 28 degrees heat but it saved me from being bored.The outdoor pool isn't even open so I might venture to the beach today.
Now yesterday I received a Facebook message from a friend regarding the Dieppe/Newhaven crossing. I shall try and copy it here as all in all it sounds a pretty scarey experience....

Its not a crossing that I use regularly and its certainly put me off. It seems the problems aren't confined to Calais anymore!  Oh the joys of touring! It seems so long that we toured I can barely remember it! 
Ah well things could be worse...at least I'm packed up and ready for when we can eventually escape! Have a good day folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment