Tuesday 28 January 2014

Winter Camping at Marjal-Life in the Doghouse!

Ok sorry I havent blogged for a few days but life has been quite entertaining as well as looking at other campsites in this area and generally being out and about a it more for reasons that will be explained......
ok on this site is an extremely large lady. Each time I see her  she is getting bigger and bigger and subsequently has to use a wheelchair now. It would  be unfair for e to say anything about this as I dont know if its a genuine illness or a person who has little will power but we have a large lady. How do they always attract the mr muscle type husbands? Well now you have the picture. I was talking to a friend of mine when we heard loud voices and then the infamous words from him "F@@K off!" The next thing was that she then threw a glass of water over him! Hillarious  and oh so classy! The woman had sat in her wheelchair al day and given the poor bloke orders. To be honest I felt quite sorry for Mr Muscle who was obvioulsy doing his level best as she sat there and gave the orders. Great fun to watch. I mean they dont even try to be discreet. Well of course they have another 3 yappers with them,just to complete the picture. So here I am there are two rats behind me, an evil little jack russel beside me that yaps everytime a dog or cat goes past and three opposite me that yap every time someone walks past! That s 6 of the damned things within a sixty yard radius. You cannot begin to imaine how many dogs walk up and down here every day and how much noise there is...so her I am eating my breakfast....the view is lovely...
Four from smewhere else. At least the owner is trying to clean it up but can you imagine the racket with 6 yappers going at these 4?!! 10 dogs all together! Why oh why would you want 4 of these in your caravan or motorhome?!! I go and say something to Marjal who state "We accept dogs if you dont like it, move to a campsite that doesnt take dogs!" Right. My humour was not good so off I went up the coast. Dont waste your time!  went to Camping El Jardin and Camping Costa Blanca. Both read lovely in the ACSI book. I tell you the second one was that bad we didnt even get out of the car! Yesterday we went up to Florentilles which is 20 minute drive up the road......they have recently spent some money on it and have very strict rules on dogs....

My photography is crap but views from the pitches of the salinas..I know which view I prefer! My only reservation was that it doesnt have the facilities this place does....but there again we can never use them anyway and no socail life although there is a bar. We sat and thought about it and most of the social life on here we have organised ourselves anyway! They have a speacial pet area! Hallelujah!! Dogs are not allowed to be walked on site! We could hear birds in the trees! We are definately going to give this one a go. Stays over 29 days even with the other Club is 6.81 a night! Oh another  big plus point... all day english breakfast 2.50!!! Well that just about sold David. 
Oh I was talking to two people yesterday and everyone who doesnt owna dog is grumbling...a lady apparantly went to the loos and insisted on taking her dog in with her! Another lady challenged her and her reply was "Well there isnt a sign that says no dogs!" So if there isnt a sign its ok then?!! Another camper complained nicely to the owner of some yappers that they were being very very yappy and her reply was " They re dogs. Thats what dogs do!" Where do we find these selfish unfriendly people?!! 
The latest from Marjal is that the rules are going to be revised as of September to two dogs per unit.....lets close the door after the horse has bolted as most of these have annual pitches! I cant stand this until September- I really will be crazy! For me the jury is out but at least I have a back up plan..Florentilles is certainly worth a look or book myself in to the local dog kennel as there cant be many in there!
Someone sent me this.....even dogs in their blooming adverts!




No comments:

Post a Comment