Thursday 8 May 2014

Caravan Club Highlights of Spain Tour-What a place to be stuck!

Well things for some of us are not going as planned. Its re affirmed to me that as nice as Jeep Cherokees look I will never own one! Whilst the rest of the group moved on to Car cares yesterday we were here with Kevin's car spending the sixth day in a Spanish garage. They have come to the conclusion that the problem is electrical but can't find the source! I'm no mechanic but after six days I could have worked that one out! Red Pennant have or rather are coming to the rescue. They are having a Mercedes c class brought all the way from Stuttgart in Germany so that he can continue the Tour and the broken Jeep is being repatriated to the UK. I don't think that he ever wants to see the thing again! The car is travelling approx 1300 miles to get to us and should be with us tomorrow morning so we can continue the Tour and hopefully catch the others up. The reason that the replacement car has to come from Germany as its very difficult to hire a car for the purposes of towing.
The weather continues to be red hot. Well into the 30 s so in between telephone calls and texts I just have to use my personal pool


Dave was finding the day equally difficult and chose to hide in the olive trees as it was so hot!
This is a lovely little site and the owners couldn't be more helpful even ringing up garages etc for us. I could think of far worse places to be stuck! Today they have asked us to join another group who are going to the bodegas.....oh if we must!
On a serious note there is some new legislation that came into affect-not that I can see many of us doing 130 km pH with a caravan on the back ! Just some more useful, useless info for my fellow travellers! Have a good day whilst we struggle to cope with the pressures here!


No comments:

Post a Comment