Wednesday 21 May 2014

Camping at Disneyland Paris

Wow what a roller coaster of a few days! We arrived at Camping Quatre Vents on Sunday night after a long drive the length of France! The weather was glorious but the tolls to Paris were in excess of 100 euros! The services on the motorways were terrible. Each one was not only ridiculously expensive but very dirty. Such a shame as I had a " rose coloured' view of France and many happy memories. I guess it can be blamed on the recession? I really don't know. Anyhow I was out to have fun. We arrived at the Campsite which I can best describe as like camping in your own back garden! Its situated in the smallest village and is so quiet,yet only a 15 minute from Disneyland. The pitches are so huge I have two awnings up and my car and there is still room for another caravan! The pitches are nicely marked out with hedges for privacy and of course its all grass. The other day I was awoken by the sound of horses hooves going by the site! Ahh lovely. So rural. So French!
Katie had been totally conned by Ryanair as usual. She saw flights from Manchester to Paris for £120 return for two people and booked them. What no one said is that Ryanair Paris is really into a place called Beauvais that is a 1 hour 40 ride to the campsite and Eurodisney! Its like saying East Midlands Airport is London! What a terrible airline that is and yes I really did need to do all that extra driving! So be warned when Ryanair says where its going that it really is going to the place you want to be at! Again like the service area's the airport was dirty and expensive. It was so bad that there weren't any seats in an airport and passengers were waiting sitting on grass outside! The toilets were only accessible if you had a gas mask with you! Pewwwww! Yuck!
Anyhow we were still determined to have fun and my daughter and granddaughter arrived safely.
Tuesday was the big day... The offers were 3 days for the price of 2. I nearly bought them but even with discounts for three adults and one child it was in excess of 500 euros. Since I was last here theory have built a Disney Studios. I thought long and hard " what does a 4 year old really want to see?!" Answer " Princesses!". We discussed it at length and opted to spend one very long day in the traditional park. So that was about 220 euros. What a great decision! I think we would all have been totally crazy after three days there! After visiting the first shop I lost Molly and she came out as Snow White!
Granny came out 100 euros slimmer! She made us laugh when she saw the castle " what are all those people doing in my house?!"
We had a great day. It kept raining on and off. I went to buy a plastic poncho for us 9 euros each! All I could think was 'I coulkd buy one of those in Spain for two euros!" Ouch! I know I'm in a tourist hotspot and was prepared to pay double the price but more than quadruple?!
The Highlight for Molly was the parade itself. That was delayed by the rain but they did come on. Molly was in my arms and all I could hear was squeals of delight as she saw each character go by. The ultimate though was when Snow White and Prince Charming saw her. They singled her out in the crowd,blew her a kiss and paid her so much attention

The heavens then opened and the ponchos were useless. We arrived back to the car soaked through to our skins!  We had a marvellous day though, despite the rain and the prices!
Yesterday was equally as expensive. What do you do with a 4 year old and her mummy when all it does is rain? We went to a huge shopping centre! Much more practical this time I bought Molly clothes. Dave treated Katie and me to two new Pandora charms of the Eiffel Tower and then it rained some more coupled with thunder and lightening! I haven't really seen rain since last October but we have had our quota in the last 48 hours!
So today. Our last day..well at the moment its sunny. I had planned on going to Disney Village to shop for my other granddaughter and grandchild to be and then to a chocolate farm. Yes what is a chocolate farm? I have no bloody idea but it certainly sounds good! Rain please stay away-they fly home tomorrow! Whatever you are doing I hope you have a good day too!


No comments:

Post a Comment