Friday 30 August 2013

Happy Caravanning in Holland start of caravan club tour!

I don't know if it's possible to be 'ferry lagged' but I certainly am! I'm not even sure at times what country I'm in! We arrived at Camping Den Driesch yesterday afternoon. The narrow entry to the campsite certainly tested by towing skills with the new caravan! The sat nav decided to take me through a narrow housing estate but hey we are here! A few other members if the Tour are already here. First problem was that the battery hadn't charged long enough for the motor mover to work! Shit happens just roll up those sleeves and away we go! Van in place then unloaden the car-no mean task but its done. The caravan has so many bbuttons and dials that we didn't have time to figure out but the bed looked comfortable (once we had taken the plastic off!) Forgetting that I was in Holland I went to sleep really quickly with all the windows open. I woke up this morning and opened the outside door it was blooming freezing! I went back in the caravan and I was as warm as toast?! What was going on?! Bonus it has an automatic central heating system!lol I loved Friday but I can't get over how much caravans have advanced in only four years. This is amazing and I never thought that I could move another caravan as much but hey.....I'm falling! Lol Tomorrow we meet the others over a meal and then Germany here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment