Monday 5 August 2013

Caravan/rv/motorhome awning repairs in Spain-what next?

OK so whilst this site has been open at Marjal Costa Blanca I have been asked to do more and more sewing. After camping I guess its always been my second hobby. Last year I had my over locker machine shipped out from england but even that was struggling to cope with the things that I was being asked to repair, gazebos,awning zips,wheel covers etc etc and everything imaginable. Andy came up with a great idea. He had seen an industrial flatbad machine for sale privately and thought that we ought to buy it. We duly went to an address in Crevillente and there was this old but beautiful machine. We negotiated a price and bought it. We couldnt understand why it was so cheap until it came to getting it out of the house! It was stuck! The house was a typically Spanish one built on the side of a mountain long before the days of cars. Ideally we needed a van...but hang on a van would be too wide. We used my good old car. I had to take the electric wing mirrors in. Andy got out of the car and directed me down the roads? With about two inches to spare at either side! Thankfully the machine and the car are both in one piece...now watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment