Thursday 28 August 2014

Campsite from hell! You bill camp here!

OK so I have found some amazing municipal campsites in France but I have also found some at the other end of the spectrum and last night was one of those. In my worst campsite ever list this was definitely in the top 5 anywhere!
So it read really well in the caravan club book. Good security it said. Good restaurants it said. Good facilities it said. All I can say is they re bloody liars!
We pulled in to the little town of Ferrieres en Gatinais to find theentrance gate only half open. I pulled up and a lady in a French car and speaking French asked me if I wanted to camp. Well this was a big mistake " yes please. Two nights'. She looked a little surprised and took my money. I always tell people not to pay up front and I broke my own bloody rule! The grass was long and desperately needed a cut. The place was scruffy. Never mind it had good restaurants nearby, free WiFi and good facilities so I will remain positive.
We went for a walk in the medieval town. I have to admit that it was pretty but nearly all the shops and restaurants had either closed or gone on holiday! Hey ho..we will go and find somewhere to eat later on. At teatime all these vans kept coming in. I think they were gypsies at best and I'm being very generous here tradesmen.
We went for a shower...omg do you remember the sort with the chains that you pull? Luke warm at best. Off we go out....oh no you don't. They locked the main gates and we couldn't get out! Is this what the person who did the last review meant of good security?! I couldn't see a fire hose an escape plan or anything and I was looking! I went to the warden and explained that I was not happy and even the free WiFi didn't work!. She told me the security man would be on if there was any problems ( he should have been on our surveillance teams as he was bloody invisible!) We stayed in and went to bed listening to every sound until 0630 when all the tradesmen left for work. ( I don't know why they all had their own keys when the security man was there?!) I won't tell you about the disgusting toilet blocks or rather the French people. I have a strong constitution but they made me feel I'll within the space of a hour. Yuk disgusting continental toilets so everyone used the only two sensible ones. I will leave the state of them to your imaginations!
At 10 this morning we booled out of the campsite from hell. In fact we only just managed it in the long wet grass an it had rained heavily. Can I be done for bilking when I had paid for two nights?! They would have had to pay me to stay any longer!We drove 30 miles up the road and its a lot more like. Never again to that place! All that said the little medieval town was lovely!

Now the campsite doesn't look too bad on here but look at my car wheels now you can guess the length of the grass!

Yes visit the town but not the campsite! All in lives rich...the joys of camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment