Tuesday 19 August 2014

South of France Camping Wow Found a gem!

We visit lots of campsites but now and again you get pleasantly surprised when one jumps out and really grabs you and this one really has! Its not the biggest, flashiest or for once most expensive just French and lovely. Its near Sommieres and Arles so well south for good weather. The site is family owned and run and very personal. The facilities are all spotlessly clean. We tested the smallish but adequate pool and jacuzzi yesterday and they are perfect. The day was rounded off with a lovely clean and hot shower and a super meal in the restaurant that really wasn't expensive. Yes there is a kids animation programme here but its far from noise. The pitches are all reasonably flat and within woodland. It seems so quiet and away from it all that I can't believe that I am in the South of France in high season. Maybe I shouldn't blog about it as I will definitely be coming here again and I won't be able to get on! OK so there's no beach. The nearest one is 25 miles away at LA Grand Motte ( twinned with Hornsea in east yorks) so its still possible for a day at the beach.


Don't ask me who the geezer is in the restaurant but even the table presentation was superb. A candlelit dinner on a campsite?! ( yes I was with Dave so it was totally wasted on him!)
The campsite is called Left Mas de Reilhe and is in a small village called Crespian. Co ordinates n 43.87850 e 4.09590 Really recommend this place.
Whilst having our meal last night we were joined by an Aussie travelling on his own. I think he was pleased to find us that could nearly speak english. Interesting guy initially as he is touring France on his own with a tent. Whether it was the bottle of wine taking effect but he became so boring! If Australia is so much bigger and better at everything why the bloody hell are you here?! I became a bitch ( well more so than normal!) I pointed to the 15th century farmhouse in which the campsite was based " hmm history. To think australia hadn't even been discovered when this place was built!" On that note he left not long after! He had obviously upset a Frenchman too. Apparently he had pitched his tent and told the Frenchman that he was Australian. The Frenchman told him to move his tent and he did! ' Back home I'd have sorted him!" All I can suggest with his attitude is that he hurries up back home! It takes all sorts to make a world and I found the one last night! Now I'm such a wuss that I'm going to make sure that he's gone before I post this as he might just come and sort me out!http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/overseas-holidays/sites/france/south-of-france/camping-le-mas-de-reilhe

No comments:

Post a Comment