Tuesday 19 August 2014

My favourite town in France. Sommieres

I don't really know why but I visited Sommieres about six years ago and fell in love with the place. I was going to say that it hasn't changed and its still beautiful. I don't suppose even in this day and age they could alter a medieval town that much. It is just like stepping back in time,beautifully preserved and without too much tourism. Another hidden gem in this area..as well as the campsite! You really couldn't be anywhere else in the world,its so..French! There's no other word for it. Walk through the old gates of the town, down the cobbled street and it opens into a square with people sitting chatting and drinking their coffees. My mind went into overdrive and I could imagine once upon a time a bustling market taking place. After visiting another very modern campsite in this area it was just what the doctor ordered..a return to traditional France that I love
-





 I just couldn't stop taking pictures trying to catch the ambience of the place!This place is about five miles from one of my favourite campsites..heaven...no not quite, I still have to find the local vineyard but I'm certain that in this area it won't be too difficult to find! We certainly have the sun too.
So today we are looking at yet another campsite and then slowly start heading north to meet everyone in Paris for the start of our big 47 day entitled " The Riviera Touch' which after travelling through France, Switzerland, Slovenia, Croatia and Italy brings us back to the Riviera..hmm wonder how they thought of that name?! I'm really excited about that Tour. Please let's just hope we get a good crowd. It should be great fun.
Ahh well off to inspect another site today and then maybe poolside this afternoon...everything in moderation you know..
P.s the Aussie from yesterday must have left as I'm still in one piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment