Monday 25 August 2014

Camping/travelling in Europe mobile phone tarrifs

I've been meaning to blog about this for sometime but wanted to check out for myself that its as good as its cracked up to be..and it is or so far so good!
I have always bought my phone and then paid ten pounds a month on line rental and then a Spanish phone and a wallet full of sim cards depending on which country I am in as until now this was the cheapest option until.......and I'm not on commission ( though I wish I was!) I complained at Car phone Warehouse when I was back in Hull who together with EE have come up with just about the perfect plan for us wanderers and my wallet is now empty ( it normally is-but no sim cards!)
OK I can call anyone anywhere in Europe and receive calls for free-unlimited. I can also send and receive texts anywhere to anyone in Europe for free. I get a data allowance in the UK which is huge and obviously gets eaten up abroad quickly but with the option to add more on as and when I need it! Fantastic and throw in a state of the art phone all for 35 quid a month...now we are talking! It sounds a fairly heavy price but when I was topping up 10_20 euros here and there it will be a lot cheaper and just one phone! I did go over my data allowance once in France but opted to pay for more and it was so cheap and clear exactly how much I was spending..3 pounds! Cheaper than many campsites are charging to use their WiFi! Some are as expensive as 8 euros a hour! Another money saving tip brought to you by yours truly! Scottish and Yorkshire blood-it must be a good deal to get me to sign up!
We are still here at my favourite little municipal. Its the first time that we've really had chance to explore as on our previous visit it was just an overnight stop and it was raining. Yesterday we walked into the lovely little town which has a great supermarket,restaurants and just about everything you could need..I will let you know later about the hairdressers-I must try the Coiffure! Eeks! Walking through the campsite there is a lovely little river that leads to a picturesque port. I saw French families on the large open spaces having a picnic..so very pretty and so very French on a Sunday afternoon.
The WiFi is excellent and involves my favourite word 'free!" . Its so good that we sat watching British TV last night but I seriously wondered why I bothered!
Its warm here. It was sunny yesterday. Who knows what the weather holds today..who knows its off to the hairdressers..chop! Chop!


No comments:

Post a Comment