Monday 15 September 2014

The Caravan Club The Riviera Touch Tour Goodbye Switzerland!

I have to say that this is my third time of visiting Switzerland and each time I dislike it more! Maybe this time we were unlucky with the weather. There was always cloud and rain but it reminded me so much of england in the winter-dull and grey! It was cold and its only September. We had VIP passes for the mountain trains etc but as it was so cloudy there was little to see. We did plenty of walking. Some brave souls ventured up to the top of Europe but many were made very I'll by it. I'm not exaggerating one of our group had to be helped by paramedics! She is fine now but why on earth put yourself through that?! I found the swiss people the same as the County. They never smile! There's notices everywhere " do not do----!" It was an effort for them to even take my money from me in shops etc. We were rather an inconvenience! We left on Saturday morning and we got a quick glimpse of the Top of Europe ( I couldn't begin to spell its real name!)
Wow exciting..snow?! I'm sorry its lost on me so we tried to escape to Italy. To cut a long story short and having spent 70 euros on tolls it took us 8 and a half hours to cover 250 miles! The Swiss roads are terrible. At best they are a dual carriageway. After being stuck in an underpass for two hours we stopped in Italy for a leg stretch. Despite what reputations different Countries have Italy was far far cleaner. I held a door open for someone. The young girl smiled " gratzi'. Oh how lovely-a simple smile! 
So after the journey from hell we arrived at camping for Ella at Lake Garda. In two years this little campsite has more than doubled in size. I love Garda but like everything else its all about money and along have come all these static caravans and we can't even see the lake now! The touring pitches are the poor relations though the facilities are first class.
Yesterday morning we started the day with a boat trip on to the island in the middle of the lake, followed by an afternoon swim in the pool and then all 26 of us went out for a meal on the campsite overlooking the lake. Fantastic food and great value





Yes there are mountains and yes there is sun. Its about 28 degrees with nice people, nice food and a lovely climate..hmm let me think?! Oh yes and real motorways that have cheap tolls! Italy I had forgotten how much I love you!
Today we visited Verona for a little bit of culture but as I'm first away tomorrow to Slovenia I'd better leave that for another day. I enjoyed Verona but 'Romeo Romeo where fore art thou?!" It was all lost on Stoney. He really hasn't grasped the concept of the word 'romance!" 
Anyhow guys an early night as Slovenia awaits Chow babes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment