Wednesday 3 September 2014

The Caravan Club Riviera Touch Grand Tour day 5

http://www.camping-castels.co.uk/camping-chateau-de-la-grenouillere-id253-id_camping8.htmlWe left Les Quatre Vents neararis yesterday morning. As Hosts we always try and have one team first away and the other set of hosts as tail end Charlie. It was only 132 miles to our next site near Blois. " easy" we thought. The reception at chateau due LA Grenouillere closes for lunch between 12 and 2. We left at 0755 only to arrive at 1156! The perephirique made the M25 look like a walk in the park! Anyhow we made it in time and the journey was worth it as this place is beautiful. We have stopped here many times before and it has lived up to its good reputation.Very quickly after us other members arrived and they soon made themselves at home

The campsite is set in the grounds of the chateau and really has the wow factor


My pics don't do this place justice as it has an old most all the way around the chateau with ducks on it and I guess frogs. Isn't that what grenouillere means?! I'm not sure on that one! The chateau of frogs doesn't sound quite right?!
Anyhow how much French do you want from my rusty o level?!

Last night we had a meal in the restaurant in the grounds and it was superb. Very difficult to find fault. The wine was rather expensive but there again I don't think it was from the local supermarket! I couldn't believe it. On our table was a couple from Ferriby and next to me was a gent from Hull! How far do I have to go to escape?! Once again the northerners far out number the southerners. Our poor co hosts-I find myself having to translate from Yorkshire into Cockney! They do seem to be coping well thoughand we thought the problems would be speaking French!

So today is a chillaxing day by the pool after a visit to the lovely Super U supermarket down the road as the next site is another Castells site but very remote and then Switzerland. If we weren't teetotal before you certainly will be in Switzerland when you see the prices! Time to stock up me thinks. Now we have an empty water butt can I put that to good use?!

Down to death with a bang or banger tonight..guess what's for tea?!

No comments:

Post a Comment