Wednesday 24 September 2014

The Caravan Club. The Riviera Touch Grand Tour Wow Croatia!

Well when we got to Croatia so did the bad weather. We were awoken early on monday-well most of the night by storms. Thunder,lightening and hailstones. I lost count after five times of checking things! Many campers lost awnings and things. I was none too pleased when the alarm went off at 0630 for a boat trip of all things! The sea looked rough. Hmm not much fun and the wind...put the trip back an hour said the captain. At this point I was convinced that we were on a suicide mission. Another coffee then and go to the port. We walked there and didn't find the glamorous boat we were expecting but
Some were very concerned about its age but I had already put my trust in the captain because exactly one hour later the wind and storm had stopped as quickly as it had started. Oh boy am I pleased that I went?! It was the most amazing day. We had the boat to ourselves with the captain giving us a commentary. He was lovely. 60"s and 70"s music playing and we were all singing our little socks off. The snapps given as soon as we boarded could have had something to do with it! The crew was his son who didn't stop the entire journey giving us coffees etc. The views and the islands were just wow wow wow. I would put them on a par with the Seychelles! Yes a cleaner more sophisticated Greece. 
We knew that lunch was provided on board and having seen the small galley we had no idea of how this father and son were going to produce any sort of a meal. We stopped and went round an island. We couldn't believe our eyes when we got back to the boat
This is the captain barbecuing!

For all the expensive meals we have had out most people agreed that it was the best meal they have had! Apparently the fish was incredibly fresh. Hats off to this father and son team! The islands..all I can say is it was a day none of us will ever forget








On the way back from the is ads champagne was served! What a top day. We got back at 7pm exhausted but it was unbelievable. I would travel thousands of miles for that day..oh I just did! The boat was 41 years old and built in Venice. I've often wondered what I would do if ever I won the lottery it would be to buy THAT boat and hire that captain and his son every day! This place or rather these islands should be on everyone's bucket list. Croatia itself is OK and things are very cheap and clean but DO NOT come to Croatia without getting on a boat! 




No comments:

Post a Comment