Wednesday 10 September 2014

The Caravan Club The Riviera Touch Grand Tour -Switzerland

Well we left france and the beautiful campsite on tuesay. We had a final meal in the chateau that was absolutely first class. In fact everything about the site and the excursions were truly impressive.
We then drove towatds Switzerland. 70 euros on vignettes. 35 for the car and 35 for the caravan...hmmm my caravan doesnt have an engine! Motorhomes are only 35 euros! Never mind. We decided to take their motorways..well that was a joke- they only were dual carriageways but 250 miles of it.  The phone went off. I have unlimited european roaming but...switzerland is not part of the eu £1 a minute to make or receive a call! I dont think so! I am rapidly getting the flavour of whats to come! Oh the awatd for the dirtiest motorway toilets no longer belongs to France..Switzerland has won it hands down!
So we eventually arrive at a campsite called Lazy Ranch at Interlaken. As you can imagine I probably stay in excess of 50 plus campsites a year but never have I experienced this..I cant even say that I was greeted by the owner. I was instructed to disconnect my caravan from my car so that he could pitch it! I simply couldnt look. I did day that I was quite experienced and could make the thing go backwards if needs be but he insisted that he was more experienced and knew best. I walked away and let him get on with it. Yes its perfectly straight but my bed is directly under a bloody tree! Drip drip drip all night! Ig he had been a bit more sociable I would have invited him to try my bed out!
We then walked to the Interlaken railway station to collect the 3 day VIP passes for the mountain trains for the group. Yes we walked as the car parking is extremely difficult and expensive. We probably got our best view of Switzerland during that walk! 
Ever since we arrived its been low cloud and rain! Heres the best Ive got so far!
 The bloody tree!

I am led to believe that there are snow covered mountains but we ve yet to see them!

Look at the low cloud! This morning its even worse..its raining! We only have tomorrow to see the pretty places and then its Italy and Lake Garda. Come on Switzerland you really must do better-I could have stayed in Yorkshire for this! 




No comments:

Post a Comment