Monday 21 October 2013

Free to roam europe but not if you are British! Camping in Europe

Well today's laugh probably -no certainly is at my expense. As many of you know I have been touring Europe for over three years in my car and caravan. My car is registered in Britain and I of course pay my road tax£180 a year though I seldom spend more than two weeks there with it in a year.
Recently I visited 11 countries in eastern Europe in 43 days I couldn't figure out where all my money had gone until this morning 710 euros on vignettes and road tolls! That's well over £600 and I've already paid my UK road tax! What if I had stayed in some of the countries any longer I would have spent over £1000 quite easily. Am I mad?! Too bloody right I am!
Why can people from all these countries come and use the UK roads for free and they stuff us?! Whilst I am on the subject I bet half the roads that I travelled on were paid for with European money-mine and your no doubt.
When is the UK going to wake up?! It was q lot of money but it didn't deter us from going-surely we should charge foreign visitors to use our roads!
Rant over! I can't see out of my windscreen either ( does that count as another rant! Lol


No comments:

Post a Comment