Saturday 14 September 2013

Camping Hungary and Budapest _totally awsome!

I can't say that I was over impressed with Austria and I didn't know what to think about going to Hungary. I can only say that from the minute that I bought my vignette everyone that we met was absolutely super. I even managed to have a laugh with the lovely friendly guy at the border. We stopped in a service area. I was a bit in nerved as there were a kit of people hanging around dressed in the colours of the garage. Each and everyone said good morning or whatever there equivalent is! We had Omelette and Coffees in the service area so much that we couldn't eat it all. We were served by a lovely waitress and the entire bill came to nine euros! The motorways are mainly dual carriageways but it seemed to have little traffic on it and we made good time. The sit itself was camping Haller. Basic but fine. I say basic as the showers had no doors only curtains. We found ourselves on the outskirts of Budapest. I was amazed that their main grocery store is Tescos! Yes Tescos! Around the corner from us was a hypermarkets well it would have been rude not to support British businesses! I bought clothes, a little food, throwovers for the caravan etc etc. Basically a trolley full. The bill came to 29000 yes I panicked! 29000 florints. A quick reckoning on the calculator and it was less than eighty pounds! The following day we had a guided tour if Budapest using public transport. Wow! We were a five minute walk from the metro and we could get anywhere! If aged 65 or over all transport is free. I'm pleased to say that I'm not over 65 and bought a 24 hour ticket which I think cost me around five pounds. I found myself hopping on and off trams,tubes etc like a two year old and even a bus all on the one ticket! They all ran so efficiently that we never had long to wait anywhere. I can only say that without a doubt Budapest is now my favourite City in the World. Although I was totally exhausted after the guided tour I lived it all so much that I went back again on the tube and went for an hours cruise down the River Danube. The wine flowed. There was live music on board. The lighting the city was even more spectacular! All at the grand expense if three euros each! I'm sorry Spain well Seville. You have lost your Crown as my favourite City. This place has history, lovely people,architecture, culture ooo I could go on and on. I MUST come back here again. Did you get it? I love Hungary and their food is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment