Thursday 12 March 2015

The Caravan Club Andulucian Grand Discovery Tour Update

We enjoyed our time at El Rocio. The update re nr nasty is he who laufhs last..it was a shame I didnt get to see it though! The owner of the campsite reimbursed me with my 8 euro hostage money that I had paid and asked me what I would like to see happen to him. Still trying to remain professional and not involve the Guardia Civil I had an idea. I knew that he was expecting to pay 16 euros a night with acsi and that he had left his acsi card with the reception until he left and paid in full. I explained that I thought it was a scam and didnt see why he should only pay 8 euros for the night in question. The campsite held his acsi card to ransom until he paid 24 euros for one nights camping! They also wouldnt release his electric cable from the box! In effect he made nothing from his behaviour! Unfortunately we had gone for a day out in Huelva so I never got to see this! Grr how I would love to have seen his smug face when we had one over him!
Anyhow Huelva ...oh I should have known the way my day was going. My brief was to get everyone on the coach and meet the guide at the column of christopher Columbus.  ...simple..not! There are a total if 3 blooming columns to Christopher Columbus! I will never forget where Columbus sailed from!











If I hear the words Christopher Columbus ever again?! 
There really wasnt a great deal in the lovely city to do , except visit a lovely little monestary and have a fantastic menu del dia in a superb Italian Restaurant. The guide was lovely but much of Huelva and its history had been destroyed by an earthquake in the 18th century.
The following day we headed through Seville to camp at an amazing little site at La Campina,  tucked amongst the olive groves







Now how can anyone be cross with these views?! It is sooo hot. There was only one place to go for some. The first in the pool here this year.
Yesterday was an action packed day from 0830 until 1830! We were led by Matilda the owner of the campsite to an olive factory, a garlic factory, a monestary, a bodega where we had lunch and then a pittery! We were miles away from any other tourists and it was the real spain. We even had to put white protective clothing on to go in the garlic factory "beam us up Scottie!"



 Rob said that Brian was just pleased to see me!





The day was great fun and a huge success.  Today we are going to Cordoba...now please tell me theres only one Cordoba!


No comments:

Post a Comment