Thursday 15 September 2016

Love Portugal but what a rip off!

Well we are safely on a lovely site,  Turiscampo on the Algarve. I do like it here and the weather is being very kind to us. The day before we left Sao Pedro de Moel and all our "umpah mates" we decided to have an afternoon by the sea
The irony was that they even put a red flag up but you can't see it!  No sh#t sherlock!  Hey Ho back to the ranch for a bit more oompah mic courtesy of my Belgium friends! What's even more annoying is that you can't understand a word of their language! The following day we decided to go for it and head for the Algarve. We had been class 1 all the way on tolls but what a shock we got at the lat two booths. We got on one at Lisbon which in fairness we were on for quite a few miles "46 euros please!" What? " I don't want to buy the road!" Suddenly our rig had changed from being a class 1 to a class 3 the same as a lorry! OK now this is the same car, the same caravan that I started this journey on! I showed him my other 3 receipts all clearly showing class 1. The booth operator was having none of it. They don't take debit cards! Credit card or cash only. We have a wad of credit cards but never use them and don't know the chuffing pin numbers in any event. We rummaged, it was a bottom of the handbag hobby and managed to cobble together 50 euros.  The journey continued and the next toll we were class 3! We arrived in the Algarve peniless! Now this gets even dafter when you get to the A22 that runs the entire length of the Algarve. Here you have to register your debit card with your car registration number which we did.  Automatic cameras debit your debit card. Great but I haven't got the foggiest idea at what rate they are charging me and believe me there is a huge difference in pricing.  I'm leaving home when the bill comes in..oh sh#t I already have done!
Well Turiscampo was lovely when we got here.  The restaurant is incredible.  We were going to treat ourselves but the buffet was so good for 12 euros we couldn't resist.  I have to say one of the best meals that I have had anywhere. The long drive was almost worth it!  Although it's mid September the campsite is still full and I can see why. Agnes the owner really seems to know what campers want.  Not only were we lucky to get on the campsite but it was the same story in the restaurant.  Booking highly recommended!  An awful lot of campsites could learn a lot from this one.


.







Even the bar prices are reasonable.  I love the way the pool is the feature around the camping units. Who put those drinks there?! 
Pria de Luz. Now that place really is for the fur coat and no knicker brigade 
I don't know if you can see but the sign says recliners and parasol 25 euros to hire!  What? To lay on a chuffing beach! The Algarve has miles of free beaches! Oh you get bar service and wifi. .I want the entire bar included for that price!  

Famous little church for all the wrong reasons. ...poor Madalene


It's still enjoyable to walk around and watch life though but I don't recommend eating or shopping here! 
Yesterday I had to do a little work and prepare for the Tour that starts on the 18th. Its such a mucky job. ..I had to pay Sir Cliffs vineyard for our forthcoming visit.  Not only did that involve 2 things very close to my heart wine, and Cliff  but it's right behind the Algarve shopping centre! Heaven or what?! Unfortunately the man himself was being a little shy and wasn't there apparantly but his staff were absolutely lovely....maybe he will be there for the Tour? I can dream!  
This has to be the best fountain ever! Unfortunately it is only water and no I didn't try it. I maybe did try a little wine but that's all I'm admitting to! 
On a previous post I mentioned that I now had wifi sorted out in Portugal well I went a step further yesterday which maybe of interest to fellow wanderers. I bought a Google Chrome cast. 39 euros and wow! I can broadcast everything from my tablet including TV on to my real TV screen! Amazing technology. It was a bit fiddly to set up but we'll worth it well nearly. I had previously downloaded the new "Dad's army" film to watch. We settled down with great excitement to watch it.....Bridlington looked great but what a load of. ....?! Don't bother!  The BBC news was more exciting!  It's great to use switching between movies and tv etc once it's all set up. No buffering and no stoppages whatsoever. You wouldn't know that I wasn't in the UK. I'm just hoping it works as well in spain.
Well my lovely friends the sun is shining and there's a lovely day out there to be enjoyed.  I hope the sun is shining wherever you may be. Happy and safe camping!  https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.turiscampo.com/&ved=0ahUKEwiB6IXl8JDPAhWF6RQKHUDCD-sQFgipATAU&usg=AFQjCNGv8PIzJz2VeO7UGjwVFnhiDc17Tw 





No comments:

Post a Comment