Tuesday 28 April 2015

The Caravan Club Highlights of Spain Grand Tour 2015 Madrid

Correct the weather finally improved slightly and we went on our coach to Madrid.  We had the most fantastic English speaking guide, who really made the day. We were able to use our coach as a -hop on/off bus as the streets are so wide and spacious. I think it is just about possible to see Madrid in a day, well she  certainly had a good go! The first stop was for coffee. This went down very well with the male participants. I wonder why?



Yep I'm not a football fan but it is impressive. 3 euros for a coffee?, However much are the tickets?,
or so now I've got to remember what my other pics are....!


Oh yes that was the Post Office! The got thought it was too grand recently so they took it over!

View of Madrid, with Royal Palace in the background




Now how the heck do they do that?,
There's lots of photos missing...ie the lunch....A typical chickpea stew. It sounds awful but believe me it wasn't!  It was so good that there was no time to take pictures,only to eat! Oh go on then...drink as well!
The Palace was stunning as usual. We arrived back at the campsite at 7 and I think everyone was in bed by 10! No not together-its not that type of Tour!
Oh, I just found a couple of pics of the campsite and it's spectacular terrace. I will add them here


Who put that gin and tOnich there?! Today is a day off which basically means a wash day! Whatever you are doing I hope the sun shines on you! 


http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/overseas-holidays/european-tours/highlights-of-spain-grand-tour


No comments:

Post a Comment