Friday 14 November 2014

Winter Camping at Marjal Eco Resort nearly a month on!

Well people keep asking me why I havent blogged for ages. The truth of the matter is that there is little to blog out about as there is very little going on and I dont like to be negative. We came here originally when the site opened because the facilities were great snd we had lots of friends and a good social scene here...oh dear how things have changed. Yes we have lots of friends here but I think that the campsite is losing its will to live!
I went to Happy Hour last week as its one of the few evening events on and that was anything but happy so I will give the birthday celebrations of Marjal a go. Whats on?!! I really couldnt make this up!


Yes thats right a model railway! Save me! As usual it was aimed at the kids. Apparantly it was a ride. There again was entertainment that started at 10pm and all in spanish/ Hellooooo who are your biggest customers at this time of the year?! Certainly not the spanish who only come at weekends! Who and what age group spend the most money?!  So to all my friends I hoped that you enjoyed the model railway!
We have been eating out a lot as we have also given up on the restaurant here as its never open and when it is the food is of a variable standard. Last night we tried..

Dont asl me to pronounce ot but it was near Beijofar


Please not the healthy option! It didnt last long though,,,,,


Home made warm chocolate fudge cake with ise cream after beef Bourgnion and half a bottle of good red wine all for 14.95! This place is certainly more sophisticated than the British Bars and restaurants around and is not a "cheap and cheerful" and not at the other extreme but certainly somewhere mid stream. Excellent food, well presented and great service. I think its British owned but it is definately a mediterranean menu and sooooo much  choice! We will definately will be going back there. Who wants to be blooming cooking?! Apparantly it is advisable to book and I can see why! 
Oh Ive just seen that there is actually something on in the restaurrsnt here tonight! Telepathy! A Dutch Dance with buffet. They say its International?! Starting at a reasonable european time 8pm! Might give it a go..do I give up my model trains and go and start polishing my clogs or just fill my face>! Ya ya! You see Im fluent in Dutch too! Have a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment